Monday, October 26, 2015

Goosebumps Get Together Drama

Hi Everyone!

I'd like to issue an apology and give an explanation for all the confusion on our Goosebumps movie get together.  At the beginning of last week, I called the movie theater and they assured me that there would be a 2:20pm movie.  I then confirmed the time by looking online. Well...the morning of October 24th, a parent emailed me saying that there was no movie at 2:20pm.  I did not see this email until almost 1pm and immediately tried to think of ways to get the word out. In retrospect, I should have remembered to post on my blog... Instead, I posted on the library Twitter account and my WONDERFUL library aide Mrs. Powell and I devised a plan.  I contacted the theater and left a note at the box office explaining the situation and they assured me that if any students came asking about a 2:20pm movie, they would let them know.  I then proceeded to see the 1:35pm movie with a student who had arrived and Mrs. Powell came back for the 4:30pm movie for any students who received the message at the box office.  Well...unfortunately, students did arrive for the 2:20pm movie, and the box office did not deliver the message.  I am beyond sorry for how this all turned out.  I want you to know that I did everything in my power to try and fix the situation.  I hope in the future we can have an event and everything works out better.  Thank you to those of you who braved the weather to come and try to see the movie with me.  I'm sorry for the situation.

Keep reading!

~Mrs. Leffel

No comments: